Uttoran -II: Date of Inception:1st January 2019 Date of End: 31st December 2020.
Ujjivana -III: Date of Inception: 1st January 2019 Date of End: 31st December 2020.
Ujjwala: Date of Inception: 1st January 2019; Date of End: 31st December 2020.
About the Program: The programme is to establish a responsive Civil Society through Animation and Empowerment program in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal and to empowered communities fosters climate resilient and climate adaptive agriculture and livelihoods. The objective of the U3 programme is to:
- Achieve rights and entitlements and livelihood among 3364 poor and socially disadvantaged families in 55 villages of 10 blocks in 4 districts of Karnataka State.
- The main purpose of the UJJIVANA project is to achieve rights and entitlements and livelihood.
Implementing Partners Organization: Karnataka – 1. Belgaum Diocesan Social Service Society 2. Bellary Diocese Development Society 3. Shimoga Multipurpose social service society 4. Seva Sangama, Gulbarga.
Telengana – 1. Hyderabad Archdiocesan Social Service Society 2. Lodi Multipurpose Social Service Society 3. Missionary Sisters of Mother Mary Society 4. Diocesan Social Service Society of Khammam 5. Diocese of Adilabad Human Promotio Society (DAHPS).
West Bengal- 1. Pally Unnayan Samiti (PUS), Baruipur 2. Seva Kendra Calcutta (SKC) 3. Asansol Burdwan Seva Kendra (ABSK) 4. Krishnagar Catholic Charities Social Service (KCCSS) 5. Social Welfare Institute (SWI),Raigunj 6.Seva Kendra Silguri(SKS) and 7. Jalpaiguri Seva Sadan (JSS) (Total : 16 Partners )
|Sl. No||Content||Uttoran (WB)||Ujjivana||Ujjawala (Tel)||Total|
|1||Total Number of villages||130||55||32|
|2||Total Number of Gram Panchayat||17||23|
|3||Total Number of Blocks||10||10||8 (Mandal’s)|
|4||Total Number of Districts||8||4||5|
|5||Total Covered Population||209067|
|7||Male & Female (population)||105071 & 103996|
Highlights of the Programme:
- With the help of the programme many beneficiaries get the various government entitlements/schemes such as 2216(MGNREGA), 845 individuals (Indira Abash Yojana), 1696 (Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY), 1400 old age pension (OAP),3318 widow pension, 600 disability pension and so on.
- 20 Self Help groups were enrolled under Samajik Suraksha Yojna(SSK) scheme.
- 22 SHGs applied for NRKM for “Pragati Fund”.
- Three new Village information systems at village level initiated for farmers.
- Four PDS, FC, SHGs monitoring committee were formed.
- 53 PLA have been carried out after the first quarter due to election model code of conduct.
- 75 Farmer Group members were aware on RTI, Right to Food & Right to Education acts. As a result, 6 applications were submitted for free seats under RTE.
- 12 people received the old age pension under the guidance of the project.
- 215 farmers have applied for ‘Pradan Mantri KisanSamman Yojana’ and 15 farmers already received their 1st instalment of amount of Rs.2,000/- each till the month of March 2019.
- 40 families from the GP received 15000/ each toconstruct the individual, toilet.
- 153 families out of 183 families have applied for Health card under Ayushman Bharath scheme and received the same.
- 11 pregnant women have availed Mother card and benefits from Aanganwadi.
- 106 Beneficiaries are taken the benefits and also Vegetable Seeds Benefits from Horticulture Department.
- 38 people have received job cards under MGNREGA.
- Conduction of village level meetings explaining about the project goals, initiated rapport building with women and small marginal farmers.
- Project Partners started sharing the information on different schemes with women groups with the support of Government officials.
- 2012 farmers were trained on various government schemes in support of small and marginal farmers by government agricultural officers.