TIMELINE: 1 Year; Date of Inception: 1st January 2019; Date of End: 31st December 2019.
The motive of incepting the program is to promote and strengthen the social peace and integration in western Uttar Pradesh region in India. Indian society is full of diversity. Peace and social integration have emerged as one of the key social concerns in Uttar Pradesh, especially in these districts. Different social groups, ethnic groups, cultural groups and religious communities have been living here with a lot of cooperation and mutual trust. However, there are instances when the peace and social integration get affected.Goal: To contribute in strengthening social peace and social integration in India, especially in selected districts of Western Uttar Pradesh.
Implementing Partners: Meerut Seva Semaj, Meerut (Meerut Diocese).Geographical Reach: Western Uttar Pradesh, Districts: 1. Muzaffarnagar and 2. Saharanpur.
|1||Total Number of States||1|
|2||Total Number of villages||24|
|3||Total Number of GP’S||11|
|4||Total Number of Blocks||8|
|5||Total Number of Districts||4|
|6||Total Covered Population||260897|
|8||Male & Female (population)||137608 & 125807|
Highlights of the Programme:
- 24 Peace Clubs are formed in 24 schools (12 govt. schools in each district) and are functioning effectively.
- Peace Clubs (at school level) are taking peace building initiatives in their respective schools and among their families.
- 480 peace cadres are formed in 24 villages (12 village in each district – Saharanpur and Muzaffarnagar) at the community level comprising of Key influential leaders of the community.
- Peace Cadres/ Peace Committees/ Shanti Mitras are taking peace building initiatives in their respective schools and among their families.
- Children, their families and community members are promoting peace and communal harmony.
- 4 District/ Block level Citizens Forum of like-minded organization/people are formed/ strengthened, meeting regularly and initiating collective actions to promote peace in the region.
- 4 District/ Block level Citizens Forum are capacitated enough to handle emergencies.
- Peace building initiative to prevent peace emergencies are being taken up by the Citizens Forum in the area by building public opinion, influencing media and other such measures.
- Linkages are established with govt. officials, political and religious leaders, like minded organizations, village leaders, media representatives and the community.
- Collective action by Citizens Forum is being taken to promote peace in the region.
- CBO members are aware on PRI committees and importance of participation in Gram Sabha and preparing micro plan.
- PRIs members are aware on PRI committee, importance of participatory Gram Sabha and preparing micro-plan along with their role and responsibility.
- CBO members are participating in the process of preparing micro-plan.
- Gram Sabhas are conducted in panchayats with quorum.
- Micro-plan is approved in all the villages.
- Micro-plan is implemented in all the villages.
- Wash related initiatives are being implemented in the target communities through collective action.