TIMELINE: Duration: 2 years 3 Month; Date of Inception: January 2018; Date of End: March 2020.
The program is focused on Enhanced Food and Nutrition Security of Musahar Communities by strengthening household level food and nutrition sufficiency and functionalizing Public Health and Nutrition Systems. Musahar Community is one of the poorest communities which is deprived of all basic necessities such as education, health, water, sanitation, Job and other skills.
Suposhanis an Integrated Health, Nutrition and Empowerment program for Dalit Musahar community” includes Rishidev, Manji, Saday-RSM, the program is aimed at addressing chronic hunger and malnutrition prevailing among the mentioned communities, especially among women and children.
The program aims is to address the chronic hunger and malnutrition by: The objectives of the program are traceable to these four-fold program thrusts.
- 1. Strengthening and creating household-level food production and livelihood options.
- 2. Functionalizing public systems and realization of health and nutrition rights.
- 3. Representation in local governance and good governance. and
- 4. Water and Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) awareness and activities.
- 1. PSES, Purnea
- 2. Prayas Samiti, Saharsa
- 3. MDSSS, Muzaffarpur
|District||Block||Gram Panchayat||Hamlets||HHS covered (2453)|
Total Target beneficiaries: 3877 (as per the monthly programme updates)
|1||Total Number of villages||15||15||15||45|
|2||Total Number of Gram Panchayat||7||2||9||18|
|3||Total Number of Blocks||1||1||1||3|
|4||Total Number of Districts||1||1||1||3|
|5||Total covered Population||3249||4275||3012||10536|
|7||Male & Female (population)||1651 & 1598||2268 & 2007||1429 & 1583||5348 & 5188|
|8||Total ST Population||300||85||0||385|
|9||Rest (SC/Dalit, OBC & Gen)||2833||3655||3012||9500|
Highlights of the Program:
- 1000 Musahar households will have increased household-level food and nutrition availability by at least 40% with sustainable, environment-friendly and affordable marginal/small farming methods.
- Musahar community will have greater representation in local governance and good governance.
- 1000 households start getting benefits of food & nutrition services/schemes by functionalizing participatory governance systems and alternative livelihood support services.
- Improved Water, Sanitation and Hygiene standards in Musahar settlements and better access to WASH amenities for Musahar communities.
- Capacity building training programme for the CBO’S was conducted in each district.
- Giving training on various aspects such as health and hygiene, Nutrition, Malnutrition, Sanitation, Maternal and child care, sanitation, early marriage and other related components.
- Training cum information on various government schemes & entitlements.
- All project villages are educating on the importance of ward development plan and how it will work.
- Street plays, Natak and workshops were organized to create awareness on Wash and other.