Job Position : Manager – Tribal Development
Reports to : Head of Department – Partner Support Services
Location : CI Head Office, Delhi
Appointment : On contractual basis for 1 year (renewable on yearly basis subject to
Primary Role of the position:
This position will be the main lead in initiating and driving the tribal development/indigenous group related thematic intervention within CI; including developing the institutional capacity of the Organization in related thematic area and be the lead technical support to the Operations Team in Programme Management on related thematic area.
- To develop the thematic base and sectoral expertise of CI in Tribal Development; maintain awareness of emerging trends in this sectoral and incorporate the new developments as appropriate into Tribal Rights based programs with added focus and delivery at the Impact Level.
- Explore and develop Tribal Development programmes in coordination with field staff for effective programme planning.
- Provide knowledge solutions and bring innovation to related thematic area Programmes and processes.
- Develop national / state level Tribal Development Strategy aligned with the Organizational Strategy.
- Provide facilitation in thematic related area to team members in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for improving programme quality.
- Conceptualize new concepts, programmes, policies, guidelines, formats and systems, and tools in related thematic area.
- Provide capacity building to team members in related thematic area in line with the organizational needs as and when required.
- Engaging with Consultants to ensure their deliverables in line with the agreed Contracts /ToR drawn in line with the Quality Standards / timelines.
- Develop format/tool to assess the level of knowledge and identify capacity needs of partners.
- Building the perspectives and capacities of the natural partners on related thematic areas.
- Maintain and strengthen partnership specially with International Partners and National Partners as per requirement.
Networking & Linkages
- To develop and strengthen advocacy strategies of partners.
- Facilitate linkages with Government of India and other relevant organizations/institutions on related thematic area
- Contribute, facilitate and participate in International / National Networks for establishing, credibility and visibility of CI.
- Planning and organization of CI International and National Conferences for strengthening network linkages in line with the organizational needs and specific objectives.
- Facilitating / Organizing of national events and providing support to state level
- interventions in related thematic area.
- Facilitate/guide impact studies / research / assessments/process in the thematic issues for internal learning and dissemination.
- Building and participating in knowledge platforms; dissemination of lessons learned, experience gained, new insights received for building related thematic knowledge base within CI.
- Mobilization of knowledge, information, new trends in related thematic area and share the same with program team /operations for onward dissemination to partners.
- Mobilization / dissemination of CI good practices to external stakeholders for creation of credibility / visibility of the organization
Resource Management / Mobilization & Creation of CI Visibility
- Value addition of perspectives and analysis into proposals for funding as and when required
- Enlarging the network base to engage with academia, CSOs, Govt., to leverage knowledge, financial resources and solidarity to the cause.
- Mobilize resources and engage in CSR activities to generate funds for CI programs.
- Undertake measures to create visibility for CI.
- Understanding of the socio-economic and political situation at national / state / regional levels.
- Possesses an understanding of current concepts and related frameworks/ approaches in related
thematic area in the global / domestic scenario
- Possesses knowledge the various Acts and Government Rules that concern / affect the Rights of the Tribal Community.
- Possesses relevant knowledge on new developments in related thematic area
- Knowledge of global, regional and national initiatives /guidelines supported by governments, international agencies, NGOs etc. in related thematic area
- Ability to grasp and assimilate relevant thematic knowledge and synthesize into innovative concepts / programs for implementation
- Drafting concept notes, strategies or similar technical guidance documents in related thematic area
- Providing technical support /guidance in programme/project planning, design and implementation, including data collection and analysis in related thematic area
- Planning, implementing and monitoring capacity building events
- Effectively engaging on related thematic on various platforms / networks.
- Excellent / Good communication skills and articulation of perspective and agenda
- Developing and maintaining congenial and professional interpersonal skills Facilitate knowledge sharing and confidence building among team members
Qualification / Work Experience: An advanced degree (minimum master’s degree) in Social Work or Social Sciences with 5 years in similar role in development organizations with in-depth understanding of the issues concerning tribal / indigenous groups across India and handling programmes in related areas
Salary (Negotiable): As per organizational norms.
To apply, kindly e-mail your CV to email@example.com along with the name of the position applied for (Manager – Tribal Development) in the subject line. IMPORTANT: Details in the CV should include current drawn salary & expected salary and two references with their full contact details including their email ids. The deadline for submitting your application is 15th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interaction.
Salary : (Negotiable): As per organizational norms
Function Area :
Role : Manager - Tribal Development
Location : CI Head Office, Delhi
Experience : An advanced degree (minimum master’s degree) in Social Work or Social Sciences with 5 years in similar role in development organizations with in-depth understanding of the issues concerning tribal / indigenous groups across India and handling programmes in related areas
Understanding of the socio-economic and political situation at national / state / regional levels.
Company Name :